Monday, April 15, 2013

Princess of Death


Princess of Death
by Renee Travis


Enter the world of Sumerian mythology...

Ereshkigal was born in the dark, destined to have powers over death and destruction. As the princess of a land divided into light, grey, and dark, she will never be queen. Instead, her parents dote on her younger sister Ishtar, who was born in the grey land. 

After meeting an intriguing demon prince, Ereshkigal embarks on many adventures including visiting a haunted plantation, an attack by zombies, and defeating an evil sorceress. These trials lead her to start a revolution to free her land of darkness from the stifling oppression brought on by the grey and light.




****
4 Stars

I have to say it was fun reading about someone that loved such creepy things and didn't care what people thought. It wasn't even weird accepting Ereshkigal, its clearly explained that is just how she is, and that she can't really help it. She was pretty awesome, tough when she needed to be but showing just enough insecurity to make her seem more real. 

The world building was amazing. . .I ate up every bit of information I could get. The author imagination is truly great to be able to come up with so many different things to make everything seem so real. I really liked the P.O.T.s, it was really interesting learning exactly what they were and how they came to be. 

The general plot of the book moves along at a quick pace, there is enough going on to keep you reading and wanting to know what it going to happen next. Just when you think the book might be coming to an end something else pops up to keep you going just a little longer. Sometime this can get annoying in book but here is was a nice way to tie up lose ends and to not leave us all hanging on certain things.

I have to say the only thing I didn't like was how fast Ereshkigal and Nergals relationship moved. It is nothing really against this book, and it is explained on Nergals end of things. . .its just that I like for relationships to progress. . .I felt that they didn't know anything about each other before they starting making out. It bothered me a little bit and took away from the story for me. I know others won't be bother to much by this, but I am personally finding it harder to enjoy romantic elements like this.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, the world that Ereshkigal lives in is really something amazing. . .its worth reading just for that. . .add in the rest of the story and you have a great book on your hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...