Friday, May 3, 2013

The Celix of Cthulhu


The Celix of Cthulhu
by Roman K. Banjo

It was a dark and stormy night. A lone hitman goes on what he thinks is his final job. Unfortunately the storm is never-ending. What was supposed to be a simple payday spirals into the absurd. Now the hitman and an odd cast of characters must unravel the mysteries of the mystical MacGuffin, The Celix of Cthulhu! 












****
4 Stars

This is one of those books where you have a few people all starting out at different points before they all end up meeting up with each other to take on some great evil. I have to say it was a pretty amusing read and you will probably never find another story like this ever again. With the way everything seems to be a carbon copy of a book you read a million times before its refreshing to read something new. I mean you have an assassin, clown, fat ninja and a luchador that all end up meeting up and try to take down some Nazi's and laser shooting robot nuns. Right there you should know this is a one of a kind type of book.

The plot of the story was pretty off the wall, but at the same time it worked really well with everything that was going on. There is some seriously weird stuff going on, and I don't think I'll ever be able to look at a squid or octopus without thinking of this book again. 

The point of view shifts a lot between all the characters but it is done really well. It gives you a chance to get to know a little background information about everyone that is involved in everything. I have said it before and I'll say it again here, I really love reading from many different point of views. . .I feel like I get to know everything about the book from all angles.

Over all I really enjoyed this book. . .though I think the ending could have been a little more hands one with everything that happened. I also felt there could have been a little more closure on all the characters. . .maybe an epilogue that lets us know what happened to everyone when it was all said and done. I just felt that I was left hanging a little.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, if you are looking for a quick and easy read this book is for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...