Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Repossession


Repossession
by Rachael Wade

Skylla only knows that she has been kidnapped and held prisoner by the foreign invaders and their human allies. And that the world is ending. Or so the humans think. The invaders have made it clear that their arrival is one of hostile intent, and as their takeover spreads, so does the panic across the globe. No one knows how to defeat them, or if it’s even sane to try.

Jet, Skylla’s human captor, is up for the challenge, though. A traitor in Skylla’s eyes, he is working with them. But Jet has his own agenda; one that doesn’t include babysitting Skylla or helping the enemies. And as the human race struggles to keep the invaders from achieving their goal, Jet and Skylla’s paths collide to reveal the truth behind Skylla’s abduction.

The invaders are headed for the water. Jet is headed for the water. But that’s the last place Skylla wants to be. That’s where the future of humanity lies, and where the bridge to their yesterdays was burned. On a mission to take back what is rightfully theirs, Earth’s population is determined to make sure this isn’t the end. But some endings were never theirs to begin with.




**
2 Stars


When I started this book I was really excited. I fell in love with Skylla's character almost as soon as the first chapter ended, and was all gun ho Skylla by the end of the second. I couldn't wait to see her in action, and the banter between her and Jet just made me smile. 

Unfortunately it was all down hill from there for me. I had a hard time grasping how much time was going by the entire book and it started to rub me the wrong way. It just didn't seem possible to me that two starving, dehydrated, and injured people could move around as fast as the two of them seemed to. 

I have to admit I love romance in my book, especially when it isn't the main focal point. But the romance in the book didn't feel believable. Then when the dang love triangle started I got really mad, I kept feeling tricked by Skyllas thoughts. I don't like when characters get wishy washy over things, and I have to admit I really really hate love triangles. 

If you don't want any spoilers I suggest you stop reading this review now.

Normally I try really hard to not put spoilers in my reviews, but I can't really write what I disliked so much about this book without them.

But what really started to ruin this book for me is when I realize that Skylla never survived on her own. She went straight from her hometown to being with Jet. With the way she was acting when they first met each other I assumed there was a time she was on her own, fighting her own fight and just trying to survive. It made me mad to find out that she knew what was going on in the first place, but didn't do anything but sit around in her hometown practically waiting to get picked up and held prisoner. That everyone in her hometown was doing that. It just didn't seem like something that would really happen. 

Then when all the talk about Shepard's was thrown in I was really lost. None of it made sense to me at all, and honestly even at the end I only have a very vague idea of what their purpose really is. And then to top it off seeing how Skylla so easily gave up on Jet ticked me off even more. Maybe it was for a more dramatic effect but it sealed the "I don't like her anymore" deal for me. I had to force myself to read to the end of the book and then was pissed off with the way it ended. 

I get really disappointed when I pick up a book and think that its going to be great and by the end want to throw my kindle against a wall because it did nothing but make me mad.

Would I recommend this book? No, by the time the book ended I wanted nothing to do with Skylla or anyone else anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...