Monday, May 20, 2013

Demons at Deadnight

I'm going to be posting one of my older reviews today. I'm doing this for a couple of reasons, and because I have the time I'll list a few of them for you.

I really liked the book, and the second one will be coming out soon so I want to promote it. Since I have already read and reviewed the book this seemed like the best thing to do.

The review I'm about to post is actually one of the first few reviews I have ever written so its fun for me to see the difference in my review from then and my reviews from now. . .though they are still lot the same, I noticed I have changed the way I review.

I might be posting some of my older reviews to promote books that I love more in the future as well. On Amazon I just recently hit 70 reviews written, and have plans to work a give away when I hit 100 (this is something I'll be taking advice on how to do because I have never done one before).

There are a few more reasons, but I'm feeling on the lazy side this morning so I'm going to hurry up and get everything up here and then make myself more coffee and laugh about the conversation my four year old daughter had with me a couple of hours ago. . . .and the fact that right now she is singing at the top of her lungs in the bathroom.



Demons at Deadnight
by A&E Kirk

For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle.

DEMONIC DESTINY
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it's just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti.

CHARISMATIC KILLERS
The Hex Boys--mysterious, hunky, and notorious for their trails of destruction--have the answers Aurora needs to survive. But their overload of deadly secrets and suspicious motives makes trusting them a potentially fatal move.

LETHAL ALLIES
The battle to save her family, herself, and stop demonic domination may cost Aurora everything worth living for, and force her to reveal her own dark secrets. But no worries. She needs the Hex Boys to pull this off, and, chances are, teaming up with these guys will get her killed anyway.


*****
5 Stars

I absolutely adored this book. More then once I found myself actually laughing out loud, and for a book to make me giggle and laugh like a fool so people give me strange stares is something hard to come by.

So you have Aurora, shes pretty much your average teen, well except for the fact that she can see demons. She moves back to the town she grew up in with her family, which she loves fiercely. Things a pretty normal until the demons she could only ever see start to attack her. In moves The Hex boys, and wow I loved them all, they have their own secrets and are not willing to share them. Add some action and humor and mix together to get a delightfully amazing story. I don't want to give to much away so I'll move onto the gushing part.

Everything about this book was great, there was no "insta-love" to be found, but enough teen angst to be nice. All The Hex boys were great, even though they started out as jerks. Jayden was definitely my favorite, the whole kill you with information thing made me laugh. Aurora wasn't a damsel in distress, she had her own kick butt personality and didn't let anyone push her around, especially when it came to her family. Even though her family didn't play a huge role in this book, it wouldn't have been half as good without them showing up and taking charge at times.

The fact that there is recipes at the end awesome, I honestly will be cooking some of them.

So would I recommend this book? Yes! I would walk up to a stranger in a book store and force it on them, thats how much I enjoyed it.


So there it is people, this book is really a good read and I enjoyed it a lot. To the point that I'm pretty sure I have mentioned it more then once on this blog before. The released date for book number 2 isn't out yet, but I'm told I'll get a heads up when its ready so I'll let ya'll know as soon as I do. It just gives you more time to read this book and fall in love with the series like I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...