Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday - Top Ten Favorite Books With X Setting

So I have missed like a million of these, but I'm pretty sure I predicted this behavior in myself. Now that I'm doing another one doesn't necessarily mean that I will actually keep up with it now. No promises on my part.

But any way to this weeks Top Ten Tuesday meme, which is bought to you by the lovely people over at The Broke and the Bookish is "Top Ten Favorite Books With X Setting." If you are interested in doing this meme yourself just pop on over there first.




The Spirit Thief- I'm actually rereading this book at the moment, probably why it comes to mind first, the world itself is something built from nothing more than the authors imagination. I want to go there and sit down and have a conversation with a tree (read the book and you'll understand).

Just One Damn Thing After Another- I feel like I've fallen in love with this book. But damn I wanna be able to live in a place like St Mary's and just jump into a time machine and go visit the dinosaur's to.

Sora's Quest (Cat's Eye Chronicle's)- Not so much for the world itself, but more for the different races that live in the world. They are interesting and its the kind of book I want to literally jump into so I can get a hands on feel for everything.

Kojiki- Here its more because this book read like I was watching a good anime, and I've always been fascinated with Japanese myths and gods.

Kingdom of Hero's- This one because it has freaking super hero's and super villains in it. To top it off they all started off as normal people first, so hell if I went here I might leave with an awesome super power myself.

Melforger- I wanted to literally see for myself the trees that these people live in and to climb and jump from limb to limb a long with them. This was a new world to me, and I loved it.

Zelda Pryce: The Razor's Edge (Book 1)- I loves me some steampunk and this book is loaded down with fun little devices and I wanted to play with them all. 

 Indigo & Iris (An Indigo Lewis Novel)- I just want to jump on the crazy steampunk train visit the strange world that Indigo was taken to. Well I guess I did when I read the book, but it was awesome.

Eville- I don't think this world would have seemed as much fun without Serene, but it was definitely interesting. One of those world's hidden in the background of our own without us knowing.

Dragons Away- It has magic and dragons, can't get more interesting than that in my mind. Plus most people came across as pleasantly clueless so I'm sure it would be fun to take a trip there.

Well that is it my friends. Hopefully I got the idea of this Top Ten right, but hey it was fun looking back at all the books I have read within the last year and remembering them all and that is good enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...