Monday, September 30, 2013

Review: Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles #2)


Ghost Hold (The PSS Chronicles #2)

by Ripley Patton

Olivia Black is back.

Only this time she's not the one in need of rescue.

Samantha James, rich, popular, and an award-winning composer at age seventeen, is the next target on the CAMFers' list. And in order to convince Samantha to come with them, Olivia and Passion must pose as cousins, blend into the most affluent high school in Indianapolis, and infiltrate a mysterious cult known as The Hold.

Olivia doesn't expect it to be easy, even with the PSS guys backing them up. But what she discovers over the course of the mission will call into question everything she ever believed about herself, her ghost hand, and especially about Marcus, the guy she is undoubtedly falling in love with.



*****
5 Stars

I once read a comment made by an author that went something like this "We work for months and months to write a book and you readers come along and read it in a hour" it wasn't said in anger more in amusement. Well here I am one of those people that read and read until I got to the very end finishing this book in day. I'm a fast reader naturally, but when a book is good and I really like it I tend to go into the zone and don't even realize I've been reading the book for as long as I have or that I'm almost done with it, that happened with this one.

I wouldn't have been able to guess at 85% of the things that happened in this book. Everything that kept happening had me being surprised, or at least not thinking that it was going to happen that way.

I still really like Olivias character, though she needs to work on keeping her feelings to herself when it comes to certain things. Though at the same time that is just who she is.

I wasn't to sure how I would feel about Passion, but I have to say I really think she was a good add to the book. I was defiantly surprised by her back story.

I have almost jumped from the love/hate train to the hate train when it comes to Marcus, but I'm holding out a little longer with him. I still don't know what to think about him, and I want to like him, but at the same time I want to punch him in the face. He seems like he wants to help everyone and especially Olivia, but at the same time he keeps things hidden from everyone.

The plot was good, there was just enough things happening at all the right times to keep you interested in reading. I had thought at one time there was going to be a love triangle, but thank God it didn't happen. There is action, romance, and some mystery. I wasn't expecting something like The Hold, but it really makes sense when it comes to the PSS, when there is something people don't understand they can hate it like the CAMPers, or they can love it like The Hold. It was defiantly an interesting concept.

The ending. . . .yeah I was all shocked with it. I probably shouldn't have been because just about everything in the book blindsided me, but I really didn't think something like that would happen. I have to say everything does wrap up pretty nicely, and I like that. But I'm still reeling from everything that happened, and I really want to know what is going to happen next. I don't want to spoil anything for others so I'll only say this, I was pretty sad about a lot that happened, and I need to know what happen to Passion and Jason.

Would I recommend this book? Yes, I really enjoyed this one and I'm looking forward to the next book in this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...